It is not uncommon that you will only need your Walkin’ Wheels canine cart for a short time while your dog recovers.
If your animal hospital or rehabilitation facility doe’s not have Walkin’ Wheels available for rent to their clients and if you are interested in a short term use cart, up to about six weeks, please check with your veterinarian first and even your pet insurance company as it may even be covered, then we can help with your pets recovery.
If you need a wheelchair to help with your dog’s rehabilitation and recovery and don’t want to pay for a new cart, we have created a program that may help. While not quite a ‘dog wheelchair rental’, it is a way that you can use the product for a few weeks without having to purchase one.
Many people have asked for a rental program where they pay some amount per week while they use the cart. This is the kind of program we are encouraging your veterinarian to offer because he (or she) is local and knows you.
As we rent our carts across North America, there was no way we could make this work without requiring significant deposits and very complex and time-consuming management.
So we have designed our ‘rental’ program to be simple, straightforward, and easy to manage. It’s designed so that, if you need the wheelchair for four to six weeks, your cost is between $35 and $50 per week.
- You order a wheelchair and the deposit is the full retail price. It will be a fully serviceable wheelchair, possibly with a few scratches and some wear on the foam tyres. The full guarantee applies.
- We give you a guaranteed ‘buy-back agreement’. We’ll agree to buy the wheelchair back from you in six weeks for half what you paid, minus the shipping and the cost for rear Leg rings which are non returnable for hygiene reasons. If additional refurbishing is needed, there may be a small additional charge.
- If you keep it beyond six weeks, you can either do nothing and keep it to donate, or re-sell. Or if returned between 6-12 weeks a weekly charge will be deducted from your refund.
- All rental carts come with ridged foam wheels only and all carts returned under the rental wheelchair policy will be refunded at the foam wheel price.
- When returning your rental cart please include our RETURN MATERIALS AUTHORIZATION FORM found on our Rentals and Policies page with a RMA # from us when you call our office.
- Any and all shipping fee’s and charges are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Many people choose to keep the wheelchair a little longer and re-sell it themselves on eBay or on our classifieds website — often getting more than the 50% we agreed to buy it back for.
How does our rental program compare?
Another wheelchair company has a cart rental program that involves:
$25.00 Processing Fee
$130.00 First Week Rental
$60.00 Second Week Rental
$60.00 Third Week Rental
Compared to the Walkin’ Wheels Rental Program: e.g. below ($200 being an example price)
|Cost If Returned After Week:||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th|
Please make sure you tell us you’re looking for a Rental Unit when making your order or it will be treated as a new unit sale.
To get your rental unit, please call us at 778-809-7421