Sometimes due to a degenerative condition or after surgery, our four legged companions need a little assistance from a splint or brace device to help them get around. Advancements in veterinary orthopedics has definitely kept pace with our human world and a large range of Hock, Carpal and leg braces are available now and are easily fitted and adjusted for that perfect fit.
Dog Brace and Cat Brace Advantages:
- Ortho splints keep the dog or cats limb in a “normal walking position”, thus allowing weight bearing of the affected limb.
- Provides extra support for fractures of the lower limb.
- Stabilization for arthritic joints and tendon/ligament weakness.
- Reduces the costs associated with bandaging, degloving injuries and casting.
- Prevents knuckling of lower limbs associated with nerve paralysis.
- Ease of application and lightweight construction increases owner and patient compliance.
- Dog Splints and a Cat Brace keep the lower limb in a normal position to reduce contracture problems.
- Immobilization for post-operative and rehabilitation.
- Full range of sizes for all ages of dogs. Feline or Small Dog size is available.